[Dart] Question about customizing HTML and/or XML form conten t

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:43:15 -0400

Yes,

Test timing will be added to Dart. We just have to figure out:

1) How to measure the CPU time a given test takes from when run from a Tcl exec call.
2) How to structure the "search" backwards in time for historical information
3) How we want to render this information.  I would suggest that we use one of the standard packages
(python, perl, tcl) that wraps the GDI graphic utility.

We are not using any special java code.  Dart comes with one jar file that rolls up the Xalan parser
and XSLT engines together.  These are separate open-source projects.

The server side is really driven by the XSLT files (XML Style sheet language translator).  Given the
standard xalan.jar file and an xsl file, a given xml file is converted into HTML.  So all the "magic"
would happen in Test.xsl which is run on the server.  If we use approach #3, above, this might mean
simply extracting some information into a separate XML file and putting a link in an HTML page that
will run the cgi-bin script.