[Ctk-developers] problem compiling dcmtk

Andras Lasso lasso at cs.queensu.ca
Tue Mar 6 10:13:58 EST 2012

Hi guys,

Just one more piece of information that may be relevant for this discussion:
We are working on adding radiotherapy extensions to Slicer4
(https://www.assembla.com/spaces/sparkit/wiki/SlicerRT) and due to the
outdated DCMTK version in CTK (that doesn't contain RT objects) we have to
work on a clone of CTK that uses a recent DCMTK. This also means that we
cannot make the results of our work available to the whole Slicer community
as standard extensions until CTK moves to a recent DCMTK version.

So, for us upgrading to a more recent DCMTK in CTK would be very important.
June would be OK, but the earlier the better. Waiting till Christmas would
very much hinder our project.

Thank you for considering this. Let me know if we can help with anything
(testing, etc.).
Andras