[Ctk-developers] problem compiling dcmtk

Marco Nolden m.nolden at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Tue Mar 6 09:51:10 EST 2012

On 02/29/2012 04:41 PM, Michael Onken wrote:
> Hi Curzio,

[...]
> This problem has been fixed meanwhile in DCMTK (see commit [1]). You
> might try the latest DCMTK code or apply a local patch.
>
> Best regards,
> Michael
>
> [1]
> http://git.dcmtk.org/web?p=dcmtk.git;a=commitdiff;h=dbadc0d8f3760f65504406c8b2cb8633f868a258

Hi Michael,

for an (internal) clang compatibility test of MITK I also used DCMTK
3.6.0 with a cherry-pick of this commit. Since we want to support clang
officially before the next DCMTK release I was wondering where to
publish this version. Or do you think it would be possible to integrate
a DCMTK 3.6.0 with dbadc0d8f3 applied in the official DCMTK repo? Or
would you prefer that we put this somewhere else, maybe on
github/commontk/DCMTK like Julien suggested?

The commontk/DCMTK though is currently a bit outdated I'm afraid. IIRC
it's based on DCMTK 3.5.4 with two commits by Steve and a few backports
to fix compiler issues which are probably included in 3.6 anyway.

Best,

Marco

Dipl.-Inform. Med. Marco Nolden
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum       (German Cancer Research Center)
Div. Medical & Biological Informatics          Tel: (+49) 6221-42 2325
Im Neuenheimer Feld 280                        Fax: (+49) 6221-42 2345
D-69120 Heidelberg                             eMail: M.Nolden at dkfz.de