[Ctk-developers] sparkit and ctk

Marco Nolden m.nolden at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Wed Feb 15 09:06:19 EST 2012

Hi Steve,

that is good news, and a nice summary of existing interfaces. Welcome to
the SparKit team!

We are currently in the process of integrating the CTK DICOM classes in
the MITK application. Up to now we made only minimal changes to the CTK
import and browsing code but we also got a few ideas for improvements
and refactorings. Our student is right in the middle of finishing the
integration work and I guess there will be presentable results in
something like 4 weeks. But of course we could have a phone call or
hangout before.

Best,
Marco

On 01/26/2012 11:26 PM, Steve Pieper wrote:
> Hi CTKers -
>
> I wanted to introduce everyone to some of our collaborators who have
> recently joined the CTK developers mailing list. Andras Lasso, Csaba
> Pinter, Kevin Wang, and Elvis Chen are part of the SparKit effort by the
> Ontario government to improve radiation therapy research.  SparKit will
> use CTK via Slicer  (More info at links [1], [2] and [3] below).  As
> part of this they and are going to start asking some questions and
> making some contribution/suggestions to enhance the ctkDICOM code base.
> In particular, we've been discussing how the DICOM browser (e.g.
> ctkDICOMModel and ctkDICOMAppWidget) could be improved to look and act
> more like a clinical system -- at link [4] below you'll see notes from
> recent discussions along with screenshots from several clinical
> interfaces for reference.
>
> One of the things we'd like to do is start an email discussion of a few
> CTK-related issues and then follow up with a phone call (or better, a
> google hangout session) to get input from the CTK community.  We'll for
> sure want to coordinate with Micheal, Julien, and Marco, but everyone
> with an interest is welcome to participate.
>
> Best,
> Steve
>
> [1] http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/Collaboration:SparKit/OCAIRO
>
> [2] https://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/sparkit/SlicerRt
>
> [3] http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/2012_Winter_Project_Week:RTTools
>
> [4]
> https://www.assembla.com/spaces/sparkit/wiki/20120125_Slicer_DICOM_browser_meeting

Dipl.-Inform. Med. Marco Nolden
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum       (German Cancer Research Center)
Div. Medical & Biological Informatics          Tel: (+49) 6221-42 2325
Im Neuenheimer Feld 280                        Fax: (+49) 6221-42 2345
D-69120 Heidelberg                             eMail: M.Nolden at dkfz.de