[Ctk-developers] status of ctkDICOMImportWidget

Julien Finet julien.finet at kitware.com
Thu Apr 5 09:02:48 EDT 2012

Hi Curzio,

I just added a screenshot in the CTK gallery.
http://www.commontk.org/index.php/Documentation/ImageGallery#DICOM

As Steve said, ctkDICOMImportWidget is not used for the moment.
To be useable, it  requires more work (e.g. internally use DICOMDatabase,
internally use CopyToLibrary...). Feel free to contribute :-)

Nicholas/Steve, shall we make ctkDICOMImportWidget derive from
ctkFileDialog instead ?
Does it make sense to have a standalone widget to "import DICOM from a
local file system" ? Or maybe it can't be standalone ?

Maybe if the widget has no use we should remove it from the library...

My 2 cents,
Julien.