[Ctk-developers] workflow framework and threads

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Mon Oct 24 15:37:16 EDT 2011

Hi Miklos,

Please see comment reported below.

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Miklos Espak <espakm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created a workflow deriving the steps from the widget step class. I run
> every step in a separate thread, so they do not block the GUI.

By running the step in a different thread, what do you mean exactly ?

As a side note: "Although
QObject<http://doc.qt.nokia.com/stable/qobject.html>is reentrant, the
GUI classes, notably
QWidget <http://doc.qt.nokia.com/stable/qwidget.html> and all its
subclasses, are not reentrant. They can only be used from the main thread."
See http://doc.qt.nokia.com/stable/threads-qobject.html

> When I press the Next button, the execution starts in the separate thread,
> but the next button remains enabled. If I press it again, it starts the next
> step, even if the current step has not finished!
>
> On the screen still the first page is displayed meanwhile.
>
> I think the transition should be performed only after that the step sent
> the onExitComplete signal.
>
> I am not familiar with the internals of the framework. Is there anybody who
> could have a look at it?

Would it be possible for you to share some code ? May a topic on your CTK
fork ?

> Thank you very much,
>
> Miklos

+1 919 869 8849