[Ctk-developers] Build system changes concerning include path handling

Sascha Zelzer s.zelzer at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Fri Oct 15 16:30:07 EDT 2010

  Hi Jc,

sorry, I already pushed the commits to master. The changes are
essentially what we discussed during the hackfest. I just now branched
of from the last commit before the relevant changes and cherry-picked
them into the branch, so you can have a better look:

http://github.com/saschazelzer/CTK/tree/include_deps

- Basically, I create a third input file for the "DGraph" Utility called
"DGraphInput-alldep-withext.txt" containing the whole dependency
information including external projects.
- In ctkMacroValidateBuildOptions, for each CTK sub-project (App, Lib,
Plugin) a variable named ${project_name}_DEPENDENCIES is set to contain
a list of project names on which ${project_name} depends on (including
external projects).
- The CMake files in the folder "CMakeExternals" have been modified such
that they set two variables, containing a list of include directories
(or variable names pointing to include directories, which are set by a
find_package call) and the argument to the find_package command
- The toplevel CMakeLists.txt file now calls "find_package" for all
enabled external projects (if the corresponding variable containing the
find_package argument is set), instead of the libraries/plugins
themselves. This way, all the variables pointing to specific include
directories of external projects are set before the invocation of the
ctkMacroCreate* macros.
- The ctkMacroCreate* macros loop over the ${project_name}_DEPENDENCIES
list and add only those to the current projects include paths.

If you find that something is broken, I will try to fix it ASAP.

Best,
Sascha