[ITK] Smoothing under mask

András, Osztroluczki andras.osztroluczki at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 13:31:03 EDT 2015

Matt, and Bradly, thanks for your answers. Unfortunately the suggested
solutions are not good for me...:(
My mask basically the brain, without the skull. If I set the non-masked
pixels to 0, those 0-s still will be used during the smoothing --> the
boundary of the brain will be "darker". If i smooth the whole image and
then crop --> the boundary of the brain will be "lighter", because of the
high bone intensities. That's why i want that the computation only use the
masked values. Any suggestions for this particular problem ?

Regards,
Andras