[ITK] WhiteTopImageFilter

Renzo Ph rphellan2210 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 02:30:35 EST 2015

Hi,

I'm having some issues with the itkWhiteTopImageFilter (
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1WhiteTopHatImageFilter.html)

I have a 512 x 512 x120 pixels image. Its intensity values go from 0 to
966. I've read and written the image declaring its pixel values as int and
unsigned int.

However, when I apply the WhiteTopImageFilter, the result presents negative
values (range from -200 to 725) if the image pixel type is declared as int.
If the pixel type is declared as unsigned int, values range from 0 to 725.

I'm worried about losing information or applying the filter in the wrong
way. Any suggestions, please?

Renzo