[ITK] Building BridgeOpenCV outside of ITK

Aucoin, Nicole nicole at bwh.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 29 11:34:37 EST 2015

Hello,

I¹m working inside the context of creating an extension for a larger
package (Slicer) that builds against ITK - the default package doesn¹t
enable the BridgeOpenCV module, but my extension will include OpenCV and I
want to provide the capability of bridging it to ITK.

I had started by pointing my code¹s CMakeLists.txt to the Slicer checkout
of ITK via an ExternalProject_Add command and reconfiguring that ITK
source dir to set OpenCV_DIR to my built OpenCV, and
Module_ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV set to ON. But the eventual goal is to extract
the new module libraries and include them with the binary extension for
distribution through the automated build system on the Slicer factory
machines - it¹s not going to work to reconfigure the factory¹s ITK to
include OpenCV.

I found some hints in the mailing list archives on building ITK Snap
outside of the ITK tree:
http://itk-users.7.n7.nabble.com/Problems-building-ITK-Snap-outside-the-Ins
ight-Applications-tree-td14733.html
And will be trying that method. I wanted to check in with the community to
see if there are any updates to that method or generally on building ITK
modules (specifically Modules/Video) outside of ITK, since the post is
from 2008.

Thanks,
Nicole

dispose of the e-mail.