[Cmb-users] Evaluating CMB with Gambit files from a legacy project

Yumin Yuan yumin.yuan at kitware.com
Thu Jun 18 17:18:06 EDT 2015

Hi Damian,

CMB (ModelBuilder) does not support Gambit file directly. However, if you
can convert them to vtk file, CMB should be able to load the vtk files.
Paraview does have a Gambit reader, and I tried to load the two files into
paraview, but they failed to load too. I did not investigate why these
files can't be loaded into Paraview, and I am guessing some mismatch
between the file version and the reader.

In short, when loading vtk files, CMB will try to do a surface extraction
if it is a volume, and use the surface to build a B-rep for the model. If
there is a "Material" cell array with the vtk data, the surface will be
partitioned using the "Material" array.

Like paraview, CMB also has plugin architecture and can be extended to
support more type of meshes through plugin.

HTH,
Yumin