[Cmb-users] CMB binary doesn't work on my RHEL6

Ondřej Čertík ondrej.certik at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 12:54:41 EST 2015

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Robert Maynard
<robert.maynard at kitware.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 12:29 PM, Ondřej Čertík <ondrej.certik at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Andy, Robert and Robert,
>>
>> Thanks for the replies. Do you know when you will upload a new binary?
>>
>> In the meantime I tried to compile from source using
>> https://github.com/Kitware/RGG.
>> Once I figure this out, I'll add it to Hashdist
>> (https://hashdist.github.io/). We actually have pretty much all the
>> dependencies, except perhaps Remus, I'll add it in.
>
> Last year I wrote a hashstack recipe for most of cmb which can be
> found at https://github.com/robertmaynard/hashstack/tree/cmb-profile/
> , it does include Remus.

I didn't know! Can I create a pull request from your branch?

>> Is my understanding correct, that if I want to use the superbuild (as
>> a temporary solution before I add all the dependencies to Hashdist), I
>> first do:
>>
>> cd superbuild
>> cmake .
>> make
>>
>> Do I need to install it afterwards and then somehow point the cmake to
>> it from the root directory? Once I understand that, I'll be happy to
>> improve the README with some instructions.
>
> Basically that is correct, but the superbuild will install everything
> into <build_dir>/install/ (include/lib/bin).
> So you should be able to add <build_dir>/install as a
> CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH to find anything it has built.

Ah I see, right. So it built a few packages and then failed with:

-- Up-to-date: /local/certik/repos/RGG/superbuild/install/lib/cmake/qttesting/QtTestingTargets.cmake
-- Installing: /local/certik/repos/RGG/superbuild/install/lib/cmake/qttesting/QtTestingTargets-noconfig.cmake
[ 40%] Completed 'QtTesting'
[ 42%] Built target QtTesting
[ 48%] Built target boost
[ 54%] Built target szip
[ 60%] Built target hdf5
[ 60%] Performing configure step for 'netcdf'
Not searching for unused variables given on the command line.
CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
  Syntax Warning in cmake code at

    /local/certik/repos/RGG/superbuild/netcdf/src/netcdf/CMakeLists.txt:339:56

  Argument not separated from preceding token by whitespace.
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

CMake Warning (dev) at CMakeLists.txt:78 (FIND_PACKAGE):
  Syntax Warning in cmake code at

    /local/certik/repos/RGG/superbuild/netcdf/src/netcdf/cmake/modules/FindMakeDist.cmake:202:40

  Argument not separated from preceding token by whitespace.
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Could NOT find CURL (missing:  CURL_LIBRARY CURL_INCLUDE_DIR)
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:425 (MESSAGE):
  DAP Support specified, CURL libraries are not found.

See also "/local/certik/repos/RGG/superbuild/netcdf/src/netcdf-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/local/certik/repos/RGG/superbuild/netcdf/src/netcdf-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
make[2]: *** [netcdf/src/netcdf-stamp/netcdf-configure] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/netcdf.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

It failed with Curl. I'll move over to your branch now, I know how to
fix such problems in there if needed.

Ondrej