[CMake] Fwd: Linking GSL to cmake using command line

Avraham Shukron avraham.shukron at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 16:08:53 EDT 2019

The macro looks fine (assuming you actually call it somewhere).
And I also assume that the line that fails is the find_package(GSL REQUIRED)

I suspect that it fails because you installed GSL in a local directory that
is not in a location known to cmake (E.g not in /usr/local/lib or something
similar)

Can you specify the path you installed GSL to?

In order for CMake to find package in a non-standard location, you can set
the GSL_ROOT
<https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/variable/PackageName_ROOT.html#packagename-root>
cmake variable before calling find_package(GSL).
You should set it to wherever you installed the GSL library locally.