[CMake] FindBoost / boost-cmake

Giesecke, Simon sgiesecke at psi.de
Wed May 29 10:59:04 EDT 2019

Hi,

we are using the FindBoost module, and unfortunately it seems to be very slow under Windows. find_package(boost ...) is called at various places in imported projects with different COMPONENTS and each use takes about 30 seconds, causing the total CMake run to take up to 10 minutes.

In the documentation of FindBoost, it is mentioned that it can use a cmake configuration file BoostConfig.cmake if boost was built using boost-cmake, which we do not use at the moment. I can imagine that this would speed the process up, since the required information would not be need to determined during the CMake run. However, it is unclear what boost-cmake this refers to. Can someone provide a hint on where to find information on boost-cmake, and how to use it to build boost?

Best wishes

i.A. Simon Giesecke
Division Integrierte Versorger

PSI Software AG
Geschäftsbereich PSI Energie EE
Kurfürstendamm 33
10719 Berlin
Deutschland/Germany
Telefon : +49 441 3612-4826
Telefax : +49 441 3612-6777
sgiesecke at psi.de
www.psi.de<http://www.psi.de/>
www.psienergy.de<http://www.psienergy.de/>

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Dircksenstraße 42-44, 10178 Berlin, Deutschland
Mitglieder des Vorstands: Dr. Harald Schrimpf (Vorsitzender), Harald Fuchs
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Karsten Trippel
Handelsregister Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg HRB 51 463

The information contained in this message is confidential or protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete this message. Any unauthorised copying of this message or unauthorised distribution of the information contained herein is prohibited.