[CMake] cmake on MinGW64; which generator

Alan W. Irwin Alan.W.Irwin1234 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 18:06:51 EDT 2019

On 2019-06-24 07:39-0600 Christopher Webster wrote:

> Thank you Benjamin, that [install and use mingw-w64-x86_64-cmake in the mingw64 shell] fixed it.

I was happy to hear that Benjamin solved this first issue for you.

Just to follow up on what he said, I confirm the good PLplot results
for the MSYS2 platform that I referred to in my previous post also
used the "mingw-w64-x86_64-cmake" native package rather than the
non-native (linked to msys2.dll) "cmake" package.

You (and others reading this thread) should consult the patches at
<https://github.com/msys2/MINGW-packages/tree/master/mingw-w64-cmake>
to see the various ways that the "mingw-w64-x86_64-cmake" package
differs from vanilla cmake for Windows from Kitware.  I agree with
another poster's comments that if indeed some or all of those fixes
are really necessary for the MSYS2 platform that ideally they should
be adopted by the upstream CMake developers.  So I hope those
developers are (i) reading this thread and (ii) willing to follow up
by looking at those patches.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

software package (plplot.org); the libLASi project