[CMake] cmake on MinGW64; which generator

Volker Enderlein volker.enderlein at ifm-chemnitz.de
Mon Jun 24 11:10:12 EDT 2019

Am 24.06.2019 um 16:42 schrieb Christopher Webster:
> On 6/24/19 8:03 AM, Volker Enderlein wrote:
>> Am 24.06.2019 um 15:39 schrieb Christopher Webster:
>>
>> Hi Christopher,
>>
>> did you followed the instructions from
>> https://bitbucket.org/Coin3D/coin/wiki/BuildWithCMake
>> and cloned the repo, e.g. ran hg clone
>> https://bitbucket.org/Coin3D/coin coin ?
>>
>> As coin uses subrepositories the Download the compressed sources from
>> the Download section does not work. The subrepos won't be populated.
> Hi Volker,
>
> I am following the instructions at the wiki page you listed above and
> used hg(1) to download.  Their example is for Visual Studio Generator.
> I am wading through MinGW vs. MSYS for generator.  MinGW complains the
> sh.exe is in my path and MSYS errors out with a cpack.d error.  Though I
> suspect I want the MinGW.
>
> I did get the Coin3D going on MacOS, and Quarter (though
> Quarter.framework installed kind of funny, so working through that also).
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Hi Chris,

you might also open an issue on the Coin issue tracker for that cpack.d
problem (or for your entire build issue).

As the framework option on macOS is not very well tested I would
recommend to use the plain ole dylib approach. That is known to work for
Coin, SoQt, SoXt and Quarter. Recently the default setting to build a
framework on macOS has been changed for Coin3D as it is still being
considered experimental. You may check the last few commit messages.

Cheers, Volker