[CMake] Help with non-standard use of CMake

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 12:51:42 EST 2019

Hi Kyle & Donald,

ctest scripting is documented in here as well:
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.13/manual/ctest.1.html#ctest-script

Since this is generated from in-source documentation:
https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/blob/master/Help/manual/ctest.1.rst

may be an explanation on how to use ctest without cmake directly in a
subsection of this manual would be  a way to keep it
more up-to-date along with the source.

Le mer. 2 janv. 2019 à 18:26, Kyle Edwards via CMake <cmake at cmake.org> a
écrit :

> On Wed, 2019-01-02 at 12:01 -0500, Donald MacQueen [|] wrote:
> > I looked at the example of Using ctest and cdash without cmake
> > (https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/community/wikis/doc/ctest/Using-CTE
> > ST-and-CDASH-without-CMAKE#steercmake)
> > and I think I will try to go in that direction.
>
> Donald,
>
> I just looked at that page, and it looks like it was written a very
> long time ago, before cmake_host_system_information() and
> execute_process() were created. The exec_program() command has been
> deprecated for years. I'm going to work on updating it a little bit
> right now.
>
> Kyle
> --

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ