[CMake] CMake's FindBoost Module Can't Detect Boost Version

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Dec 17 11:35:49 EST 2019

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 at 16:39, Osman Zakir <osmanzakir90 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I built Boost 1.72.0 while passing the "--layout=versioned" flag to b2, but when I tried to rebuild Jinja2Cpp with the newer version of Boost using CMake, it failed to generate project files and said it couldn't filesystem and system and also couldn't detect version information.  Could someone please help me out with this?

I recall you have been asking similar questions in the past about Jinja2Cpp.

You have received number of useful suggestions [1], e.g. to use
-DBoost_DEBUG=ON,
and investigate detailed diagnostics, to try -DBoost_COMPILER=...
and -DBoost_ARCHITECTURE hints, etc.
Please, apply this knowledge.

Finally, your questions are poorly formulated e.g. my crystal sphere has broken
and I can't figure out what compiler, toolset, cmake version, etc. you are on.
Next time, try to help people help you [2]

[1] https://cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2018-October/068477.html
[2] http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Best regards,