[CMake] About FindBoost.cmake

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Oct 30 05:24:27 EDT 2018

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 at 10:17, Osman Zakir <osmanzakir90 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, but this might also be why it can't find more than "some" of the Boost libraries.  It looks for "-d" even though I'm using the "-gd" ones.

How do you know it looks for -d?
Sorry, but you are not showing any cmake command line,
any bit of your CMakeLists.txt how you invoke find_package,
and nothing from output you are getting.

set(Boost_DEBUG ON)
find_package(Boost 1.68.0 REQUIRED COMPONENTS filesystem)

then, in a sample project

mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..

and it looks for -gd

-- [ C:/Program
Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.12/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:1430 ]
_boost_MULTITHREADED = -mt
-- [ C:/Program
Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.12/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:1506 ]
_boost_RELEASE_ABI_TAG = -
-- [ C:/Program
Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.12/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:1508 ]
_boost_DEBUG_ABI_TAG = -gd

FindBoost is a complex animal, it deals with tons of cases, it
frequently stops working.
So, crystal sphere -based investigation does not quite apply :)

BTW, pease respond to the mailing list, not privately.

Best regards,