[CMake] About FindBoost.cmake

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Oct 30 04:44:13 EDT 2018

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 at 00:29, Osman Zakir <osmanzakir90 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I noticed that FindBoost.cmake has "-d" set as the Boost debug ABI tag even though the Boost libraries actually use "-gd".

-d comes from variant=debug option when you build Boost
-g comes from runtime-debugging=on

You've got it explained here
https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_68_0/more/getting_started/windows.html

> I installed the latet release of CMake just now, which has Boost 1.68.0 listed as a test version, and it has this problem too.

IMO, what you describe is not a problem.
-gd is perfectly valid combination, and on Windows where versioned
layout of Boost is the default, you will see names like

d:\boost.win\stage\lib>ls -1 *file*
libboost_filesystem-vc141-mt-gd-x32-1_69.lib
libboost_filesystem-vc141-mt-gd-x64-1_69.lib
libboost_filesystem-vc141-mt-x32-1_69.lib
libboost_filesystem-vc141-mt-x64-1_69.lib

Best regards,