[CMake] .ui Files are listed under the _autogen target in Visual Studio instead of the target to which they belong. Is this a bug or feature?

Ulrich Hierl knitschi.public at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 11:06:40 EST 2018

Hello cmake community,

I have a project that uses Qt 5.9.1 and cmake 3.12.4 and Visual Studio
2017. I have targets for which I use

set(CMAKE_AUTOMOC ON)

I do not use CMAKE_AUTOUIC or CMAKE_AUTORC

Switching the CMAKE_AUTOMOC option on causes the <target>_autogen
targets to be created. My problem is that in the Visual Studio solution
explorer the .ui files are listed in the _autogen target and not in the
target to which they belong. Can you reproduce this behavior? I this how
it should be?

Thank you for your time!

Knitschi