[CMake] PreprocessToFile

J Decker d3ck0r at gmail.com
Sat May 5 13:05:40 EDT 2018

On Sat, May 5, 2018 at 9:57 AM, KK <kristianonline28 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh, maybe you misunderstood me. I know, that CMake does no preprocessing.
> This is done by the preprocessor.

Right; that's not what I was saying; it doesn't generte projects with
preprocesssing enabled, so the options ARE false already in the generated
projects.

> But, what I want, is that the generated solution/VS-project with CMake
> gives me the result like in the part I've pasted below. This should be part
> of the generated files. And my question is, is it possible to generate this
> and if, how?

It does.
Oh I see, it doesn't actually write that out; but the default IS false...
so it shouldn't have to.
I did some testing, and setting a project to preprocess to a file,
it(visual studio)   writes <PreprocessToFile>true</PreprocessToFile>
If I reset that back to default/inhert from project; it deletes that entry
entirely from the project.
So; unless you want it ENABLED correct behavior should be to not write it
(which, like I said, cmake already does (or rather doesn't do))