[CMake] Beginning to compiling CMake file

Michael Ellery mellery451 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 12:56:27 EDT 2018

typical usage would be something like (assuming you are at repo root) :

mkdir mybuild && cd mybuild
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
cmake —build .

you can also opt to configure cmake (the equivalent of the first cmake command above) using a GUI like ccmake or cmake-gui if you prefer. The cmake build type can be changed depending on your needs. If the project depends on other libraries/tools, you might need to install those before building.

HTH,
Mike