[CMake] Beginners Guide to Cmake and Modern Cmake

Andreas Naumann Andreas-Naumann at gmx.net
Fri Jul 27 12:37:23 EDT 2018

Dear space & and the rest of the cmake world :)

i just googled for "modern cmake" and came up with at least two
interesting talks from cppcon and boostcon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsXLMQ6WgIk&feature=youtu.be&t=37m15s
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC9-iRN2b04
Their slides can be found at
https://github.com/CppCon/CppCon2017/blob/master/Tutorials/Using%20Modern%20CMake%20Patterns%20to%20Enforce%20a%20Good%20Modular%20Design/Using%20Modern%20CMake%20Patterns%20to%20Enforce%20a%20Good%20Modular%20Design%20-%20Mathieu%20Ropert%20-%20CppCon%202017.pdf
https://github.com/boostcon/cppnow_presentations_2017/blob/master/05-19-2017_friday/effective_cmake__daniel_pfeifer__cppnow_05-19-2017.pdf

I just slipped through them, but they look like the right way. Another
nice summary is at
https://gist.github.com/mbinna/c61dbb39bca0e4fb7d1f73b0d66a4fd1#file-effective_modern_cmake-md

Wish you a nice weekend,
Andreas