[CMake] CMake 3.12 rc2 to rc3 Regression

Craig Scott craig.scott at crascit.com
Wed Jul 18 09:40:30 EDT 2018

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 11:04 PM, Michael Jackson <
mike.jackson at bluequartz.net> wrote:

> Searching the mailing list archives for the RC3 announcement I scrolled to
> the bottom and found:
>
> Brad King (2):
>       Revert "target_link_libraries: Allow use with targets in other
> directories"
>       CMake 3.12.0-rc3
>
> Just curious what caused the issue to revert the change?

The original problem report was on the dev mailing list:

https://cmake.org/pipermail/cmake-developers/2018-June/030740.html

The longer history of how the feature evolved and was then reverted can be
found here:

https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/issues/17943

--
Craig Scott
Melbourne, Australia

New book released: Professional CMake: A Practical Guide
<https://crascit.com/professional-cmake/>