[CMake] Help with non-standard use of CMake

Donald MacQueen [|] dmacq at instantiations.com
Mon Dec 31 16:16:41 EST 2018

First, CMake is quite impressive. Nice job.

I am using it in a non-standard way where I set a bunch of variables and
then go straight to CTest thatI installs our software and then runs
several hundred tests on it. The batch file looks like this:

rmdir /s/q build
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -Dx64=%x64% -Doption:STRING="%opt%" ..
ctest -D Experimental -S

I do not make or build or compile.

I recently hooked this up to a CDash server which is very handy. I want
to get the results that are sent to CDash, currently from Windows only,
to be all green.

Under Build I have one error: Build log line 2. The system cannot find
the file specified. CMake Error: Generator: execution of make failed.
Make command was: "nmake" "/nologo" "-i"

Under Build I have one warning: Build log line 1. *** WARNING non-zero
return value in ctest from: C:\Program Files\CMake\bin\cmake.exe

Is there a way to suppress the execution of these steps or their error
messages?

Thanks,

Donald

--
Donald [|]
A bad day in [] is better than a good day in {}.

---