[CMake] How to set CTEST_BUILD_NAME

Xavier Besseron xavier.besseron at uni.lu
Sun Dec 16 18:15:48 EST 2018

Hi Donald,

For my project, I do it this way.

In my CMakeLists.txt, I first set the variable BUILDNAME in cache
before calling `include(CTest)`.

# define BUILDNAME, used to submit jobs to CDash

set(BUILDNAME "Whatever you want" CACHE STRING "" FORCE)

# This must be called after SITE and BUILDNAME variables are set

include(CTest)

I hope this will work for you.

Best regards,

Xavier

On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 9:22 PM Craig Scott <craig.scott at crascit.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 6:41 AM Donald MacQueen [|] <
> dmacq at instantiations.com> wrote:
>
>> I want to do something like set(CTEST_BUILD_NAME
>> {CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME}_someLocalVariable)
>>
>> I tried putting this ^^ in CTestConfig.cmake with no luck.
>>
>> I searched the docs and the archives from 2014 to the present and
>> nothing jumped out at me.
>>
>> 2) Is there a list of what can be set/used in CTestConfig.cmake?
>>

> The variables are not all collected together conveniently, but the Dashboard
> Client section
> <https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/manual/ctest.1.html#dashboard-client-configuration>
> of the ctest command does list the supported variables associated with each
> command. It would seem like setting CTEST_BUILD_NAME should work based on
> those docs, so perhaps if you could point us as a minimal complete example
> which demonstrates your problem, that might give more clues as to what's
> happening for you.
>

> --
> Craig Scott
> Melbourne, Australia
> https://crascit.com
>
> New book released: Professional CMake: A Practical Guide
> <https://crascit.com/professional-cmake/>
> --

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

> This e-mail can not be trusted due to SPF/DKIM validation failed.

Dr Xavier BESSERON
Research Scientist
FSTC, University of Luxembourg
Campus Belval, Office MNO E04 0415-040