[CMake] How to set CTEST_BUILD_NAME

Craig Scott craig.scott at crascit.com
Sun Dec 16 15:22:21 EST 2018

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 6:41 AM Donald MacQueen [|] <
dmacq at instantiations.com> wrote:

> I want to do something like set(CTEST_BUILD_NAME
> {CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME}_someLocalVariable)
>
> I tried putting this ^^ in CTestConfig.cmake with no luck.
>
> I searched the docs and the archives from 2014 to the present and
> nothing jumped out at me.
>
> 2) Is there a list of what can be set/used in CTestConfig.cmake?

The variables are not all collected together conveniently, but the Dashboard
Client section
<https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/manual/ctest.1.html#dashboard-client-configuration>
of the ctest command does list the supported variables associated with each
command. It would seem like setting CTEST_BUILD_NAME should work based on
those docs, so perhaps if you could point us as a minimal complete example
which demonstrates your problem, that might give more clues as to what's
happening for you.

--
Craig Scott
Melbourne, Australia

New book released: Professional CMake: A Practical Guide
<https://crascit.com/professional-cmake/>