[CMake] Custom languages supported by all generators?

Niklas Therning niklas.therning at xamarin.com
Thu May 19 03:27:28 EDT 2016

Hi,

I'd like to add support for compiling C# using enable_language(CSharp)
to my project. Similar to cmake-haskell [1]. Before I attempt this I
would like to know whether this is something all generators support? I
searched through the cmake sources and it looked to me like only the
Unix Makefiles and Ninja generators actually support this? I'm
particularly interested in the Xcode and Visual Studio generators.

I'm using cmake 3.5.2 via Homebrew on OS X and cmake 3.5.2 from
cmake.org on Windows 10.

[1] https://github.com/kvanberendonck/cmake-haskell

Thanks!
/Niklas