[CMake] Using Clang + Ninja on Windows?

Mueller-Roemer, Johannes Sebastian Johannes.Sebastian.Mueller-Roemer at igd.fraunhofer.de
Fri Apr 22 04:51:12 EDT 2016

It is true that there is no official bundled installer with both, but the official installer works just fine with mingw as long as you pass in the correct target to clang(++)

For example
clang++ --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32 test.cpp

However, it assumes that mingw64 is installed under C:/mingw64 (the default location, it’ll work with a junction point though).

From: Cristian Adam [mailto:cristian.adam at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2016 09:15
To: Mueller-Roemer, Johannes Sebastian <Johannes.Sebastian.Mueller-Roemer at igd.fraunhofer.de>
Cc: cmake at cmake.org
Subject: Re: [CMake] Using Clang + Ninja on Windows?

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM, Mueller-Roemer, Johannes Sebastian <Johannes.Sebastian.Mueller-Roemer at igd.fraunhofer.de<mailto:Johannes.Sebastian.Mueller-Roemer at igd.fraunhofer.de>> wrote:
You are mistaken, Clang absolutely also works with MinGW. Or it did at least up to 3.7 (didn’t get around to trying 3.8 yet)

Clang works fine with libstdc++ on Linux and Cygwin, there should be no reason why it shouldn't work with MinGW.

What I should have wrote was that Clang on Windows officially supports only a Visual C++ setup / Visual Studio integration.

I don't think I have seen a package containing clang and libstdc++ from MinGW.

Cheers,
Cristian.