[CMake] cmake install behaviour with git

Jakob van Bethlehem jsvanbethlehem at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 03:16:09 EDT 2015

Hej,

> Now install behaves differnt, cause cmake checks only file time difference. Files previously overwritten are now
> considered Up-to-date

Why would you want to overwrite files that have not changed?

> Has anyone found a solution for this after a git migration?

We’re using CMake with git without any trouble - no solution to be found. The install target works flawlessly and as expected.

I think you’ll need to provide some more details about what you’re doing. Are you by any chance doing in-source builds? Why are you so focussed on 'git clone’? That is the kind of thing you would do once, and then almost never again, so I don’t see how that can be related to running an install target.

Sincerely, Jakob