[CMake] cmake install behaviour with git

Jörg Kreuzberger j.kreuzberger at procitec.de
Wed Sep 30 02:33:18 EDT 2015

Hi!

the cmake install behaviour of files was ok for me, as long as we used svn.
Now we changed to git and i have a problem now with the install behaviour.

On git the timestamps of all files get the time of the clone. So files not build
(e.g. configuration files, xml files etc) from the repository have the same timestamp.

Now install behaves differnt, cause cmake checks only file time difference. Files previously overwritten are now
considered Up-to-date

I am forcing now overwrite with CMAKE_ALWAYS_INSTALL, but this takes then a long time, cause now all
binary files (with differnt timestamps) get installed (e.g. huge qt dlls, executables etc :-) )

Has anyone found a solution for this after a git migration?
Adapting the file timestamps after clone seems not the thing i want to do :-)
Or should i post a feature-request to check also the file size for Up-to-date checking?

Thanks for any hints,
Joerg