[CMake] Unable to download older releases: Directory index no longer supported

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Nov 4 09:55:10 EST 2015

On 11/03/2015 03:54 PM, Martin Weber wrote:
> The download site [1] seems to have been revamped. Since then, it does no
> longer allow to download older releases.

The directory index was disabled but old direct links should still have worked.

> If the devs decided to disable directory listings due to excessive download

Our admins reported occasional mass downloads by various bots walking
the indexed directory listing.

> traffic caused by Jenkins instances, please let me know.

I don't think that was it.  The traffic you list sounds reasonable.

> It would be nice to keep the download feature working.

We've restored the indexing until another solution can be chosen.

Thanks,
-Brad