[CMake] Problem with cross-compiling and external projects

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 21:47:53 EST 2015

I've got a cmake based project that can optionally build static versions of
most of its dependencies and it works fine on Linux and MSYS2+MinGW.

The problem is when I try to cross compile using MinGW on Linux. I would
expect cmake would be smart enough to know if the parent project is being
built with a particular toolchain that the external projects (also cmake
based) would use the same toolchain but that doesn't appear to be what's
happening.

Is there some setting I'm missing here?

I'm currently running 3.0.2 on Fedora linux but this has been happening on
2.8.X as well.

Thanks,
Richard