[CMake] BundleUtilities not working

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 05:30:09 EDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 8:55 PM, Bill Somerville <bill at classdesign.com>
wrote:

> On 30/07/2015 19:36, Rashad M wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Hi Rashad
>

> We have a similar way here to get dll dependencies recursively and create
> a zip archive. Ideally, this could be integrated in cmake but not sure if
> that will be ok on cmake side. The code doesn't uses fixup_bundle(..) but
> follows a similar function syntax.
>
>  package_mingw(
>         ARCH "${mxearch}"
>         MXEROOT "${mxeroot}"
>          PREFIX_DIR "${archive_name}"
>          PEFILES  "${pefiles}"
>         SEARCHDIRS "")
> more details here:
> https://git.orfeo-toolbox.org/otb.git/blob/HEAD:/CMakeLists.txt#l422
> Note: this was only tested on a cross compiling build and contains some
> code specific for our project.
>
> [1]
> https://git.orfeo-toolbox.org/otb.git/blob/HEAD:/CMake/MinGWPackage.cmake
>
> That is all very Windows specific CMake already uses the same technique as
> your code but in a more platform independent way. You may want to consider
> optimizing in the same way as has been added to the BundleUtilities.cmake
> helper GetPrerequisites.cmake in:

Hi Bill,

Indeed these are all windows specific and that is the point here. To be
precise, these are more connected with mingw toolchain. I only tested them
on cross-compile toolchain.

> http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=f01a8823
>

> since the objdump -p output on large framework libraries like Qt (10000+
> lines) is very inefficient when processed as a CMake variable. In our CMake
> built Qt5 project we are getting huge speed ups on the install phase on
> Windows with this change.

I see.

we use Qt4 and doesn't have any issue with speed. Maybe because I am using
a minimal set of components from Qt, Core, Gui, Xml, Sql. I will test this
nex enhancement and move to BundleUtilitles later.

Thanks

--
Regards,
   Rashad