[CMake] CMake inconsistent with python libraries

Nils Guillermin nils.guillermin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 21:46:26 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,

My first time posting to this mailing list so forgive me if I'm off base. I
first wanted to make sure this was a new problem before I posted a bug
report, as the cmake website asks. I was trying to install gr-air-modes (
https://github.com/bistromath/gr-air-modes/) and I ran into an issue where
CMake straight up says two things at once and the eventual result is a
fatal Python error due to mismatched libraries.

First, the cmake command I use is a plain `cmake ../`.

The relevant part of the build output is

-- Found PythonLibs:
/usr/local/Cellar/python/2.7.10_2/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/libpython2.7.dylib
(found version "2.7.6")
-- Found PythonLibs:
/usr/local/Cellar/python/2.7.10_2/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/libpython2.7.dylib
(found suitable version "2.7.6", minimum required is "2")

As far as I understand, it found python 2.7.10 files, but for some reason
is calling them version 2.7.6. I'd expect it to say "found suitable version
'2.7.10'" but perhaps I'm wrong.

After this it builds fine, but when run immediately crashes with a Fatal
Python Error, and the Error Reporter that comes up makes it clear that its
a problem of mismatched libraries. I can post that if anyone needs.

Am I wrong in what I'm expecting? Should I open a proper bug report?

Thanks,

Nils