[CMake] organizing source files with CMake

Victorious dtvictorious at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 10:27:18 EST 2015

Hi,

I'd like to have all my source files in an src folder. The src folder may
have .cpp/.h files, and can also have subfolders.

This is how I've been doing it, but it only seems to work with files in the
src folder (not sure how to extend this to subfolders inside src).

Src/cmake list.txt:

set(SOURCE

   ${SOURCE}

   ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/file1.cpp

   ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/file2.cpp

PARENT_SCOPE

)

set(HEADERS

   ${HEADERS}

   ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/file1.h

   ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/file2.h

   PARENT_SCOPE

add_subdirectory("subdir1")

Src/subdir1's cmake list looks similar minus the last line. Then in the top
cmake list.txt,

add_executable("app" ${SOURCE} ${HEADERS})

A follow-up question: is it possible to do this without specifying each file
manually?

Thanks