[CMake] Visual Studio <Version> <Arch> - Ninja Generator

Guillaume Dumont dumont.guillaume at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 10:35:01 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I would like to know what kind of effort would it take to generate a Visual
Studio generator that bypasses the normal MSBuild build and uses Ninja
instead. I have been working on different projects which build much faster
with ninja than MSBuild (several orders of magnitude on a machine with 24
cores). Still I like to use the Visual Studio environment to use the
debugger. Using ninja is especially useful for projects with a lot of CUDA
files which are built sequentially for every target using MSVS.

I would like to contribute but I don't really know where to start and if
such an effort already exists.

--
Guillaume Dumont
dumont.guillaume at gmail.com