[CMake] on cmake supporting one arch per project (from CMake IR)

Tamás Kenéz tamas.kenez at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 17:10:54 EDT 2015

On 2015-07-30 11:51:54 GMT, Nagy-Egri Máté Ferenc via CMake wrote:

> how on Earth am I going to build x86/x64/ARM targets from one VS solution?
> [...]
> the way how CMake has been designed immediately rules it out from ~75% of
application development going on in the world in the future (mobile app
devel)

Well, we are building Android and iOS projects with CMake and we simply
configure separate build dirs for each architecture. We even need to
configure seperate dirs for Debug and Release builds for the makefile
generators.

It doesn't feel like a problem for us. We simply adapt our workflows to it.
Is there anything wrong with this approach we don't recognize?

Tamas Kenez