[CMake] CPack WIX examples

jmerkow jmerkow at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 17:20:16 EDT 2014

Ok, I've double checked everything and I'm not sure whats going on.

I was looking in files.wxs (in _CPack_Packages/win64/WIX) for the component
ID, and i've tried a few different ones.  I also dropped the config file
step and used your example patch.xml:
<CPackWiXPatch>
    <CPackWiXFragment Id="CMP_ID_1">
<Environment Id="MyEnvironment" Action="set" Name="FOOBAR" Value="FooBar"/>
    </CPackWiXFragment>
</CPackWiXPatch>

Still nothing added when I search file.wxs for FOOBAR or anything else that
should be added with the fragment injection. I am still curious as to why
the component id's look so different between your tests and whats being
generated in my file.wxs.

That seems to leave the older version question....
Is this feature new with 3+?  I am using CMake 2.8.12.2

-Jameson