[CMake] CPack WIX examples

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 16:07:40 EDT 2014

On 24.09.2014 21:26, jmerkow wrote:
> Am I obtaining the id wrong? The documentation is a little confusing
> compared to whats being generated. so I'm not sure exactly sure if I have
> the proper id. Is there a way to get the Id from the in cmake to configure
> the file directly?  Maybe there is another issue entirely?

After running CPack with the WIX generator you will have a
"_CPack_Packages\<arch>\WIX" directory.
Within are all the WIX sources and everything else used to build the
installer.

In "files.wxs" you can find all the component definitions and their IDs.
Here you can also find your patch fragments (if they are being
successfully applied).

Using a non existent ID in a patch file should generate an error at
CPack time.

If you are currently successfully generating an installer with an
invalid ID that might indicate that the patch file isn't being used at all.
Is it possible that you are using an older CMake release or that you are
setting CPACK_WIX_PATCH_FILE after or outside the context of your
include(CPack)?

CPack only sees the options that make it to CPackConfig.cmake which is
generated by include(CPack).

Nils