[CMake] Incorrect object file name on cmake compilation

Ravi Raman ravi.raman at Xoriant.Com
Thu Sep 11 07:04:13 EDT 2014

Yes. That's correct David. I was actually looking for an explanation why the object file name is coming with the suffix .cpp.obj instead of the conventional .obj.
It was kind of a problem for me because the object file comparison tool uses the object file name as the reference for object file comparison.

Thanks & Regards

Ravi Raman
Xoriant Solutions Pvt. Ltd
4th Floor, Winchester, Hiranandani Business Park, Powai, Mumbai 400076, INDIA.
Tel: +91 22 30511000,9930100026 Extn: 2144 Voip No. 4088344495/96/97/98 Voip Extn:1178| Fax: +91 22 30511111
ravi.raman at xoriant.comhttp://www.xoriant.com

-----Original Message-----
From: David Cole [mailto:dlrdave at aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2014 3:25 PM
To: andi at lisas.de; Ravi Raman
Cc: cmake at cmake.org
Subject: Re: [CMake] Incorrect object file name on cmake compilation

I think (Ravi, correct me if I'm wrong) that they're transitioning to
CMake from a previously purely Visual Studio build system, and they're
writing some tools to validate that the builds are ending up "the same."

So it's not really a "problem" for anybody -- I think he was just
looking for an explanation of why CMake would change the obj file name.