[CMake] Request for added script intelligence

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Tue Sep 9 08:13:31 EDT 2014

Let's see if anybody else chimes in with an opinion. I've already given
mine, and I don't think there's a good argument for making installing
the debug runtime libraries any easier than it already is.

You can certainly write a wrapper script around the existing CMake
InstallRequiredSystemLibraries that has additional logic surrounding it.

Whatever the case, if any change to CMake is proposed, it should take
Visual Studio generator usage into account: i.e. -- do not rely on
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE, as it is typically empty/not set in a
multi-configuration VS build.

Thanks,
David C.