[CMake] What is the CMake equivalent for autotools "make dist" ?

houssen houssen at ipgp.fr
Sat Oct 11 13:05:09 EDT 2014

Hello,

What is the CMake equivalent for autotools "make dist" ?
By autotools "make dist", I mean a way to wrap all sources and test
files needed to build and test the package and / or to be ready for dev.

I googled this question : I heard about CPack (and "make package"),
but, I am not sure to understand if this is designed to answer the same
question.
Using CPack and "make package", I get a tar.gz that contains the
executable (the binary in a bin directory) but without the source : this
is not what I want as sources are missing (the tar.gz is not ready for
dev).

Is this the expected behavior ? ("make package" is intended to provide
only binaries to be installed ? Not the source / test files ?)
Did I miss something ? Did I forgot something in the CMakeLists.txt ?
I am supposed to tar the root directory (= project directory containing
hello.cpp and CMakeLists.txt) after I suppressed all BUILD directories
that could have been built previously ?

FH