[CMake] Fwd: How to get the list of files that will be installed when installing a CMake component

Dattu koneru k0n3ru at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 04:09:59 EDT 2014

Hi ,

Is there any way to know programmatically ( in cmake ) what files will be
installed if a COMPONENT is installed ( something like a get_property of
component)?

Currently I am installing a COMPONENT to a temporary location for packaging
( not using CPack for packaging ) and then packaging using custom commands.
Invoking the following command during packaing in Cmake.

cmake -DCOMPONENT=my_test_component
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=${TMP_PACKAGING_ROOT}
-P ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/cmake_install.cmake

I wanted to know if it is possible to get the list of files so that I can
only include those files explicitly in the package ? or possibly add them
as outputs to the custom command ?

( I tried asking in StackOverflow but no success )