[CMake] Mac bundled application with multiple executables.

Bill Somerville bill at classdesign.com
Sun Feb 9 14:45:02 EST 2014

Hi,

noob here so firstly thanks for the great build tools!

I'm struggling with shoehorning a Win32/Linux Qt GUI application into
CMake for those targets and for OS-X.

At the moment the Mac build is manually transformed into an OS-X app
bundle. I am making some progress getting it to install (and package,
for deployment) directly into a bundle format. Using MACOSX_BUNDLE on
the main GUI executable target plus the required CMake variable
declarations.

What I am stuck with is how to include another executable in the app
bundle. It is a console type program that is spawned from the GUI to do
some background work. Although it can be run standalone from the
console, its purpose is to be run by the GUI program. Therefore it
belongs in the bundle.

What incantation do I need to give CMake to get this executable into the
bundle installation. It is built as a target by the same CMake script as
the GUI executable.

Regards
Bill.