[CMake] execute command during ctest timeout

Leif Walsh leif.walsh at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 10:22:05 EST 2014

When you file it please shoot me an email, I'd like to vote for this
feature.

Another idea if you are up to it is to add a watchdog to your own test,
it's as simple as using alarm(3) and making a SIGALRM handler that invokes
pstree and gdb however you like.  You could make the timeout slightly
shorter than the ctest timeout and probably get good results.

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 4:22 AM, Rolf Eike Beer <eike at sf-mail.de> wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 9. Februar 2014, 16:22:54 schrieb Jayen Ashar:
> > When ctest times out a test, is it possible to tell it to execute a
> > command before killing the subprocess?  I'd like to be able to use
> > pstree & gdb to determine where a nightly test is intermittently
> > getting stuck.
>
> No, there is nothing like that yet. There are some other "execute process
> when
> …" things missing for tests, so I would say: file a feature request so it
> doesn't get lost once someone finds time to work on this.
>
> Eike
> --

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Cheers,