[CMake] Unhelpful cmListFileCache error

David Zemon david at zemon.name
Sun Aug 24 14:56:49 EDT 2014

Hello all,

This problem does not exist in Linux - I have perfect compilation there.
Windows, however, is throwing the following error:

    CMake Error: cmListFileCache: error can not open file
    C:/Users/David/Documents/GitHub/PropWare
    CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:

The "can not open file" points to the root directory of my project. The
error is somehow connected to enabling new languages. I get the above
two lines once for each new language that I try to add. The line
enabling the project is as follows:

    project(PropWare C CXX ASM COGC COGCXX ECOGC ECOGCXX)

My language files are in <project root>/CMakeModules and I tell CMake to
find there with the following:

    list(APPEND CMAKE_MODULE_PATH ${PROPWARE_PATH}/CMakeModules)

Like I said - this all works great in Linux. Not so much in Windows
though :(

Full source code at
https://github.com/SwimDude0614/PropWare/tree/release-2.0-nightly.

Easiest way to test this for yourself is to run INSTALL.py from the util
directory - it will install necessary dependencies (the compiler and
CMake 3 if not in the PATH already).

Thanks,
David