[CMake] Windows Path Issues

Ivan Hrasko abhrasko at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 15:26:18 EDT 2014

1. What your environment exactly is? It does not look like Windows only
(because I see in your log: bash-3.1$ cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" . ), so I
expect you are using something like Cygwin and when you use this kind of
environment you can
have problems with paths. For example C:/software/propgcc/bin/propeller-elf-gcc
is not a valid path for Cygwin, because cygwin uses /cygdrive/ in its path
for things which are located in Windows.

2. When I use cmake on Windows (just Windows, cmd, not Cygwin or else) I
use "MinGW Makefiles" not "Unix Makefiles" with GNU compilers.

> I'm generally a Linux guy but need this project to work on all three main
> platforms.
>

> I have my toolchain file working nicely in Linux, but for some reason I'm
> getting an error on Windows. Here's top of the console output:
>

> bash-3.1$ cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" .
> -- The C compiler identification is GNU 4.6.1
> -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 4.6.1
> -- The COGCXX compiler identification is GNU 4.6.1
> -- The ECOGC compiler identification is GNU 4.6.1
> -- The ECOGCXX compiler identification is GNU 4.6.1
> -- The ASM compiler identification is GNU
> -- Found assembler: C:/software/propgcc/bin/propeller-elf-gcc
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:6 (project):
>   The CMAKE_C_COMPILER:
>

>     C:/software/propgcc/bin/propeller-elf-gcc
>

>   is not a full path to an existing compiler tool.
>

>   Tell CMake where to find the compiler by setting either the environment
>   variable "CC" or the CMake cache entry CMAKE_C_COMPILER to the full path
>   the compiler, or to the compiler name if it is in the PATH.
>

> This doesn't make too much sense to me. Anyone know why it would find the
> compiler at first and then loose it? The path that it lists is perfectly
> valid.
>

> Thanks,
>
> David
>
> --