[CMake] Xml modification

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 05:08:48 EST 2013

On 11/18/2013 10:45 AM, Lars Lars wrote:
> Thank you for the feedback.
> We would like to avoid adding a dependency to a third party lib for
> such a small task. Does CMake have any plans to include ability to
> modifications xml files?
You could make this a feature request of course and this is no way up to
me either way but I don't think it likely (at least not in the near future).
As far as I can tell there is currently no support for XSLT or XPath
within CMake itself or any of its currently used libraries.
expat (which I think is the parser library currently available within
CMake) I assume has no support for this either.

Depending on the complexity of your modification configure_file() might
suffice to generate XML files based on an XML template with simple
variable substitutions?
Might also be feasible to limit this to a small portion of the XML file
assuming that what ever consumes the files supports one of the XML
include mechanisms.

Nils